Via the links below you will find answers to most of the standard questions regarding the political science major, freeing your time with your major advisor for substantive matters.
How do I . . .
- Declare a political science major or minor? Or a double, combined or special major?
- Get or change a major advisor?
- Fulfill the major requirements?
- Find the Major Audit (Class of 2020 or later; Class of 2019 or earlier)?
- Make use of my Advanced Placement (AP)?
- Read the Course Listings?
- Fulfill the General Education Requirements (GERs)?
- Find fellowships, travel grants and other awards?
- Obtain study-abroad approval and credit?
- Obtain credit for other non-Barnard courses, such as Columbia courses that are not cross-listed and from summer school?
- Obtain credit for an internship via an Independent Study Project (ISP)?
- Get into a colloquium?
- Get into a Columbia seminar?
- Request a recommendation for graduate school or a job?
Wishing you much success!
|Latest update 2 April 2013 by Anne Wolff-Lawson|
PoliSci Main Menu
- Faculty News
- The Major
- Senior Poster Requirement
- Due Dates
- External Credit
- Study Abroad
- Faculty & Staff
- Awards, Honors & Grants
- Resources & Forms
- Address & Campus Map